Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Rail

The Rail

I’m not exactly the techno type.  Those who know me would be surprised that I am “blogging.”  But you can only shout your opinions at the television for so long before you decide it is a wasted effort unless SOMEONE at least has a chance to peruse your thoughts.  So here I am.

I’ll surely be topical in this effort. And I choose to keep my identity closely held for the freedom it provides me to express my opinions freely.  You’ll see mostly political discussion, with a focus on the conservative realm – because it is a place in which I am intimately familiar.  Not that all conservatives will like what I write.

I’ve titled this blog “the rail” after a spot you’ll find in many Capitol buildings around the country.  In the rotunda of the building on one or more floors, you’ll find a brass rail that circles the open air space.  This brass rail is a gathering place. A spot where deals are cut, and deals are broken.  Where even the most rabid ideologue becomes an instant pragmatist. Politicians meet lobbyists, and politicians meet other politicians.  They meet in the open, but the rail is a place where the most confidential discussions can happen.  It is a place where the real political truth’s are told, while in the same breath the most outrageous political lies can be spread.